Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Does having gel nails put over your real nails make the real ones weak?

I am hoping to grow my nails since I chew on them, so I thought Gel nails would help stop the chewing and let the real nails grow underneath!Does having gel nails put over your real nails make the real ones weak?
I got my nails done (professional fake ones, gel or whatever they call it now) right before Christmas. And I vowed never to do it again!!! I eventually took them off myself one at a time. And yes when they put them on they file down the tops of your real nails before they add the stuff on top. So when they finally came off...my real nails were terrible...they kept breaking and they were thin and soft...very easy to tear off. So finally, this week....two full months later they are finally back and not breaking....I can now say ';my nails are back!'; and they are growing without breaking.





I am much happier with my real nails! (I've only done fake nails twice in my life....once in my early 20's and now once in my later 30's) I spent a stinking $40.00 on that 2nd time....totally not worth it.....you have to keep going back every two weeks or it looks horrible)Does having gel nails put over your real nails make the real ones weak?
All fake nail products make your real nails weak. the longer you get your nails done the longer it takes your real nails to get back to normal.
When you cover your natural nails depriving them oxygen, they will turn thin, damaged and weak. So yes, if you get gel coating on your nails, it will make your real ones weak.
i hate tips (fake nails) everytime i take them off or accidenty hit my hand it rips my real nail off with it!..


if ur a nailbiiter get that bitter nail paint
i heard it makes ur nails weak if u tap ur nails when u have gel nails....
any sort of fake nails will make your real nails weaken. saw it on a documentary/news how on Primetime or 20/20 ages ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment