Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What do I need to do my own fills on gel nails?

I'm trying to save money and cut corners where I can! The gel nails I have are very natural looking and I want to do the maintenance myself. I know i need the gel, brush, UV light and file...am I forgetting anything? Also, any tips you could give me for doing this myself would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!What do I need to do my own fills on gel nails?
You can actually buy a whole kit :]]]








I just bought one for $35 at my school but I know if you look at sallys and stuff youll be able to find a kit with everything you need.





The gel isnt just a gel you need to get the things that mix together to become a gel





And youll need more than one brush.


(the gel clumps and hardens on the brush)


I suggest you dont get super expensive brushes untill you get good :]What do I need to do my own fills on gel nails?
OMG, what a horrible answer. That is NOT gel you are talking about,.Its acrylic. Do your homework; You do NOT mix gel, You need to study a LOT more...

Report Abuse



Yes, you need the proper training to do gel nails. Without it, you could really mess up your natural nails pretty badly. Uv gels are unlike acrylic nails in that they cannot be soaked off in acetone. Thus, you make a mistake and its not all that easy to fix it. Not only that, but you are obviously not a licensed nail tech. This means that you will not be able to buy any professional products. Your selection of gels and other supplies will be limited to what is available to the general public at places like Sally Beauty which are not very good in terms of quality. But then, they're your nails. Do what you want to do with them. Don't let me dissuade you. But I can tell you from my own experience as a licensed nail tech, gels are not easy to do if you want to do a good job on them. It takes several years of doing them - full time, in order to become proficient and be able to make a set of UV gel nails that are worthy of being worn.


One other thing you may want to consider. The cost of all the supplies is going to cost you at least several hundred dollars for the basic setup with good products, a good UV lamp and other things. Sure, you can go cheap but it really isn't worth it in the long run. Like I said, do it if you really want to. But I would really think about it before committing your money to a bunch of things you may not even end up using. Its up to you.


Having said that, the least I can do is point you in the right direction for some reading on the subject of gel nails. Here are a few web sites that may be of interest to you. They each have a lot of useful information.


Best wishes.





http://www.hooked-on-nails.com/uvgel.htm鈥?/a>


http://www.nailsplash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment