Sunday, February 7, 2010

I just had gel nails removed yesterday, what should I do to keep them healthy?

They are long still, but I am a nurse and constantly washing my hands. I am using NailTek on them, but what else can I do to make them strong?I just had gel nails removed yesterday, what should I do to keep them healthy?
You are in a hospital..sooo eat lots of Jello...gelatine is good for hair and nails. Gummmi bears too. They are made out of same thing. Good for hair too.I just had gel nails removed yesterday, what should I do to keep them healthy?
Vitamin E oil and just make sure you keep the Nailtek on there without chips... it will peel off easily...
Simply keep them filed and polished. Put a new coat every week and re touch every two days.


Also I used to cut up garlic and put little pieces into clear nail polish.
Go to the store and buy a bottle of Calcium tablets. Taking one or two Calciums a day keeps my nails strong and healthy!!! Good Luck!!
well, first off, make sure to keep them trimmed..no too long, but not too short. you could try using a nail hardener such as sally hansen or NYC. you could wear the nail hardener by itself or with nail polish, but you'd be better off just leaving ur nails clear and glossy, if ur a nurse.


Good luck =)
Definitely continue to use nailtek and anything else that promotes growth and strength. But, also be careful when you file and trim your nails, because there are several things that can weaken your nails and causes breakage. For example, when you file, be sure to file in ONE direction only...not back and forth like many are used to doing. This creates tiny cracks and weakens the tip of the nail. Also, never ROUND your nails, because the edge, on the side of your nail bed is the base for your entire nail. This means that your nail is supported by the squared part. If you round it, your nail will only be able to grow so long before it breaks off completely.





Also ensure that you keep away from chemicals like bathroom cleaner and the like, because these can weaken your nails. Just make sure you wear gloves, is what I'm saying. And, if you can keep your nails short, that would definitely help (especially with work).
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment