Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can you get gel nails on super-short fingernails?

My fingernails are an embarrassment. They are so short and ugly. When I say short, I mean SHORT. They peel and crack and it's pointless for me to try to grow them out. I want pretty nails so badly, so I've been thinking about getting gels put on, but I don't know if they can be put on my pathetic stubs. I don't want t waste the money if they are going to just fall off. And I don't want the embarrassment of going to a nail salon and inquiring about such nails if I'm just going to be told to run along.Can you get gel nails on super-short fingernails?
You can get extensions put on your short nails that will grow out. They'll stay put after the gel hardens.





But I have to warn you that if and when you decide to stop having gel nails done, your natural nails will look awful for months afterward. I had them for a couple of months last year, and while they did look very nice, what I saw after I took them off did not make me happy. Not only had more than one nail broken down past the quick, what was left of my nails was severely damaged and had ridges in them. As they grew out they broke very easily and cracked. And to top it all off, as the gel sets under the UV lights it HURTS. Badly. I'll never have them done again.





But beauty is pain, right?Can you get gel nails on super-short fingernails?
Nails that peel and crack are because of deficiency in various nutrients. Please do start eating a lot of green vegetables and lots of fruits. Also do soak the nails in warm olive oil every day for 10 minutes and massage them upwards from the cuticle. I would also ask you to apply nail hardners that are available in stores. You will not need to get gels put on etc...I bet you can see a drastic change in 2 weeks if you start eating right. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment