Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How long do gel nails hurt for?

I just got my nails done for the first time with the fake gel stuff. my nails look amazing, but the problem is my nails underneath hurt really bad. It feels like they are just being stretched to accommodate the new fake nails on top. Does anyone know if this is temporary? Or does it last until the nails are removed? I hope it is temporary because i am dreading going to work tonight. i work with my hands!!How long do gel nails hurt for?
I am going to take a wild guess and say that you went to what is commonly known as a 'discount' salon. This is typically a salon that charges in the range of $25 or less for a full set of acrylics. Also, there is typically a HUGE language barrier as well. That kind of salon, yes. They are notorious for doing things like over filing your nails so that little natural nail is left. They are typically unsanitary and the techs are usually unskilled and not very experienced at doing nails. My advice is to avoid this type of salon at all costs. Nail services of any type should never cause you any pain or discomfort. Ever.


Anyway to answer your question - the pain should go away in a few days - maybe less. The most common cause of this is over filing of the natural nails. It happens all the time in the discount salons. Also, I'd like to point out something that many people are not aware of that the discount salons do so very often that its ridiculous. You go in and ask for gel nails, and they will apply acrylic nails on you and follow it - maybe, with a UV top coat or sealer. These are not gel nails. They are acrylic. Its really simple to tell the difference. If the tech used ANY liquid and powder on your nails - you have acrylic nails, not gel. Gel nails are made for - you guessed it, gel. Gel is never a powder.Gel is exactly as the name implies - a gel. It has a hair gel like consistency to it and is applied in several thin layers. Each of these layers must be cured under a UV lamp for 2-3 minutes - depending on the gel line used. You'd be amazed at how many people think they have gel nails when all they have is acrylic nails. But most simply don't know the difference so it really isn't their fault. I mean, they asked for gel nails, the tech says they are gel nails so why wouldn't they be? But still, it happens all the time in discount salons. And of course, you'll be charged the higher gel nail price for acrylic nails with a gel topcoat or sealer. So many people mistakenly think that gel nails can be soaked off in acetone. This is false. They must be filed off. Acetone won't do a thing to them. If it does, its because they are acrylic nails - not UV gel nails.They have so many scams going on. Another is these so called solar nails. They will tell you these solar nails are much better than acrylic. The truth of it is that solar nails ARE acrylic nails, Again, they will charge you a higher price for this. The list goes on and on.


Avoid discount salons - always...How long do gel nails hurt for?
You might be feeling what I felt when I had mine done. My own nails are very thin and they file them rough for the new ones to stick. The chemicals hurt me because they filed my nails so thin even though I told them not to. That same day the burning feeling went away.


I hope yours is gone now. I never again had mind done after two times of that feeling, and they hurt even more trying to take them off.


Good luck. Beautiful I know, but to much pain for me.
OMG!


I got gel nails done a while agoo and there not supposed to hurt AT ALL


go back to the salon and complain


thats what i would do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment