Sunday, February 7, 2010

Acrylic and gel nail overlays?

I have tried to do both and because of my nails beds the way they are neither of them stay very long 3 days at the most. however i was wondering if i combined the two in a sort of checked pattern if they would last longer?Acrylic and gel nail overlays?
No you wouldn't be able to do that as they are two completely different products. Gel needs the UV light to cure and the acrylic doesn't. Have you just had your nails done at one salon? Maybe it's the nails techs that are the problem? My mom's nails are very curved with deep ridges and I can get gels to stay for 2 weeks. Maybe the products could be applied thicker? Something is up with this, and I doubt it's your fault :)Acrylic and gel nail overlays?
Sure, UV gels and acrylics can be used that way provided each is applied separately and each has hardened - or cured in the case of UV gels. So yeah, technically it CAN be done but I do not recommend it if the tech lacks the skill necessary to pull it off and make it work for you. It most definitely could be the tech you are going to. Avoid the discount salons - always...

No comments:

Post a Comment