Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How do I go about finding a LEGIT gel/uv nail technician where I live?

I want to get real gel nails. I'm looking for the kind that are applied with 2-4 coats of actual gel and cured under a UV light. No powers, no acrylic. The problem is that every mom and pop nail salon in every strip mall claims to offer ';gel nails';. How do I go about locating a legit technician/salon without literally going door to door. Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm in northeast Ohio.How do I go about finding a LEGIT gel/uv nail technician where I live?
I can give you a few good places to look for one in your area.


First, try the link below. Its a salon locator for Creative Nail Design. Just find your state, and it will list all the salons/techs in the entire state listed by city/town in alphabetical order.When you click on one of the salon links on the page, it will tell you all you need to know about them, such as the name of the salon, the address %26amp; phone number, they provide the name of the person to contact about services, and they also give a complete listing of that particular salons specialties - such as gel, acrylic, natural nails, custom blending, and so on.


The good thing about this site is that ALL of the techs/salons that are listed there have been company trained - and certified prior to their being listed on the website. No exceptions. So, these are all 100% legit in every way:


http://www.cnd.com/Locate/Find-A-Salon.a鈥?/a>


There is also this site that you can try. Just enter your zipcode and it will give you salon info for your area. The information is not as detailed as CND's site, but I know that most, if not all of the techs on this site are also legit. If you find one in your area, just give them a call and ask questions about their gel services. Also ask what product line they are using. Some of the best gel companies (in my opinion) are: CND, Young Nails, Light Concept Nails - or LCN for short (The absolute best gel available!), Light Elegance, and Akzentz. There are a few more, but these are my personal favorites and I'm very familiar with the products from each of these companies.


Anyway, here is the other site:


http://www.beautytech.info/locator/index鈥?/a>


There is also one other thing that you can try. Unfortunately, they do not have a salon locator online, or at least none that I am aware of, but I can give you the telephone number for the company's United States headquarters. This company is LCN. No doubt about it, LCN is arguably the very best gel manufacturer anywhere. Its made in Germany, and its expensive - like three times the cost of other gel products, so you can expect to pay more for gel full sets from a tech who uses this product line. I have seen LCN techs advertising full sets for anywhere from $55 to $85. And thats about the norm for this premium gel line. I've done business with them on several occasions and they are very helpful. Anyway, if you are interested, just call them up and I'm sure that someone there can help to locate a tech in your area who uses their products. So, their telephone number is:


(800) 86-NAILS or (860) 528-7477. Their website is located at:


http://www.lcnusa.com/index.php


The last one is for Akzentz gels. Here is their contact info page. Again, you can call them up and they can help you locate a 100% legit salon that uses their products in your area. This is a VERY good line of gels. From this page, you can also take a look at their nail gallery for some pics of nails done using their products, and just browse around for info if you want:


http://www.akzentz.com/pages/contactus.p鈥?/a>


Good luck, and I hope this was helpful to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment