Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How can you tell that a nail tech is giving you gel nails instead of acrylic?

Because I wanted gel nails for the first time and found out later they were acrylic.How can you tell that a nail tech is giving you gel nails instead of acrylic?
Not sure because I never had mine done before but I do no that you should research and find the difference between them. My friend payed lots for gel nails (done at Cali Nails) and she was told a day after by another friend that once owned a nail salon that she had gotten acrylic nails put on. So she had payed more money for gel nails and they gave her acrylic nails. Waht a rip off eh? So just be sure you know the difference before you get them done. I guess my friend was in the same predicament as you! My last piece of advice would be to go to a good quality salon. I'm sure they wouldn't rip you off there because they know that you won't come back and use their services again if they cheat you out of your money. Good luck and I hope I helped!





PS: If you find out later they ripped you off, go back to the salon and demand a refund. Why pay for something you didn't ask for?How can you tell that a nail tech is giving you gel nails instead of acrylic?
Gel nail and Acrylic nail are two different service. Gel is -- GEL after apply thin layer of gel, it need to cure under the UV light for 1-2 mins, and apply 2nd layer for stronger, and 3 layer for shiny. Acrylic nail is use the liquid and powder overlay your nail.

Report Abuse



Gel nails and acrylic are not too different. With gel nails they apply a gel over the acrylic instead of a clear nail polish and it shines more and lasts longer than polish. May I suggest that if you get gel nails get solar gel nails. Promise you won't be disappointed. They allways look new and freshly done.
Gel nails I think require a light source to ';cure'; them.

No comments:

Post a Comment